Ideas for dinner?

i really want to make a soup (with it being cold) but I don't want plain tomato soup (that's what I have) What can I add to it to make it better? i have veggies and such and i have a can of diced tomatoes and of course all the seasonings and chicken. i would "google" recipes but I want a recipe someone has actually tried that's good! :) thanks ladies!

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I often use chicken and vegetables and add a can of tomato soup and a can of chicken broth if I have it. Then I add rice or noodles.

Answer by Bmat at 5:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Any ground beef, potatoes, corn and green beans?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I have all that nathskitten. I don't have chicken broth though.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You could make a Hamburger veggie soup.
    Brown the hamburger and add a diced onion, add salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste. Drain the grease, add two cans of stewed tomatoes and 6 cups of water. Bring to boil add peeled and chopped potatoes. Boil until potatoes are mostly tender, add corn and green beans, boil until veggies are hot.
    This is one of my families favorite recipes and is my favorite meal from when I was a kid. We serve with bread and butter. You can use a can of each of the veggies or a cup of each if frozen.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I've been going to the Mixing Bowl website for recipes. My sister asked me to join and there are so many quick and easy recipes.
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• ok thank you katlyne! :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• This is my favorite soup this winter: Lentil Soup - This is the recipe I start with. I add some diced mushrooms, shredded zucchini, chopped cauliflower, whatever is around; I use all broth and no water
    2 cups lentils, sorted and rinsed
    4 cups water
    4 cups vegetable broth or water
    1 large onion, chopped
    1/2 cup chopped carrot
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp oregano
    1 (16 oz) can tomatoes and their juice, cup up
    2 Tbsp red wine vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
    1 cup uncooked very small whole wheat pasta such as ditalini or elbows (optional)
    parmesan cheese (to serve)

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Place lentils in large soup pot with water, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, parsley, pepper, oregano. Cover pan and simmer 1 hour. NOTE: make sure that the lentils are completely cooked before adding salt or acid.
    Add tomatoes and their juice, salt and vinegar. Simmer 30 minutes longer, adding 1 cup uncooked very small pasta (such as ditalini or elbows) if desired. I also add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
    Serve with more vinegar and parmesan cheese.