afraid clomid isnt going to work this month

im on the 4 th day after clomid, i havent noticed any ovulation symptoms yet im afraid its not working... did u have any ovulation symptoms the month u got pregnant on clomid?? plz help getting very depressed

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 5:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• When I took clomid I would have good months and bad months. What signs are you looking for when you ovulate. You should be looking for egg white consistency discharge.
    twinmom0907

Answer by twinmom0907 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Well I've been taking my temp since I got my period but I was sick with a cold so my temps were high so I don't know if I should even go by that, I thought I would have some sort of cramping by now
    bxmommy2be

Answer by bxmommy2be at 9:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Assuming you took it days 5-9, you'll probably ovulate late, most (not all) usually do. If you haven't ovulated by day 19/20 by your temps or progesterone test, I'd tell the doc and have them give you provera or prometrium to bring on a period and start a new cycle. You could also ask for an ultrasound to see if you have any follicles growing in there, if you have at least one good size follicle, then you could get an hCG injection to trigger the follicles to release :)

Good luck!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Oh and discard the temps from when you were sick but continue to temp now. You should have a baseline idea and if it goes above your "normal" baseline temps then you know you ovulated. At least you were sick at the beginning of the cycle and not the middle! If you were sick around the middle then there would be no way to pinpoint O, unless you can feel it happening.

For example, even if I didn't temp before O and thought I O'ed and temped one time, I would know by that one temp because I know my baseline....usually around 97.7
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I took chlomid when i got preg with my dd on days 5-9 and then i went to the drs on day 17 and i still had no viable eggs so i went back a few days later on day 22 and had 1 good egg. So id have to agree with all4mymarine you might ovulate late. GL!
    emilysmom401

Answer by emilysmom401 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 9, 2010

• Hey ladies thanx for such great answers I took clomid days 3 to 7, I've been taking my temps and its been 97.8 until about 2 days ago its been 97.9 and I have noticed some creamy discharge, could I be ovulating??!!!
    bxmommy2be

Answer by bxmommy2be at 11:26 PM on Jan. 9, 2010