Someone make it clear please.....

Ok so this is my Q. I have never really payed attention to my cycle and O until my 2nd son. Never charted anything. Just did everything naturally. Now im curious and a little unclear to some things. O begins about 6-10 day of period...right?? I have a very normal period....comes every month maybe a day or two off at times. When would be my fertile days and when more or less my O days? Why do women check their temp? What does that have to do with conceiving? And how does it help track your progress? And O looks like what? Sorry if its alot to answer but i know alot of women here are knowledgeable. Is O that clear disch that comes a couple days after AF? Right? I thought so but i want someone here who has been through this before help me. So tell me.....AF began Dec 26 and ended New years eve or New years day.....when would you say i O and when are my most fertile days?? Help me please understand this. Its just soooo much. T-Y!!

lucky2x

Asked by lucky2x at 5:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I sent you a personal message :-)
    4bridges

Answer by 4bridges at 5:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Even though every woman's cycle varies in length, one thing is for sure. If you ovulate you do it 15-17 days before you get your period. It is the time before that that makes each woman different. You should start charting if you are TTC. The most fertile mucous you have has the consistency of egg whites. You will have similar discharge a day or two before or after but your most fertile day is when it is that exact consistency. It should be clear, slippery and the amount varies per woman. You will want to have intercourse the day before, that day and the day after for your optimum chances of conceiving.

Some woman take their basal body temperature because your core temperature rises when you ovulate. I never used the charts or found them very useful. You have to get a specific thermometer for it and have to take it before you get out of bed that morning.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    twinmom0907

Answer by twinmom0907 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Ok here it is short and simple
    You have _ amount of cycle days (day 1 period starts then count 1- however many days till your next period)
    A perfect cycle women Ovulate on cycle day 14 (that is 14 days counting your period) You CAN ovulate anywhere in your cycle but most likely between cycle day 10-16. (I ovulate on cycle day 14 but this month cycle day 12)
    When you ovulate you have a temperature drop then spike. You have to use a BBT thermometer because it is more sensitive.
    Your Luteal Phase is the amount of days from the day you ovulate till you period. So say you Ovulated on cycle day 14 and started your period Cycle day 28 your Luteal Phase would be 14days. A Luteal Phase of less than 10 days is a problem. The Luteal phase is the time your body preps for implantation. 9 days is not enough time for your body to prep to keep a pregnancy.
    So today through the 10th you should be doing it. GL
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, and visit www.fertilityfriend.com. Those will answer all your questions and get you started with trying to conceive by charting and reading your body's signs.

Feel free to send me a message if you want more info. :)

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2010