speech classes.... are they a good thing or bad.. and how do i accept it

i have spend all my life in speech classes trying to fix my stuttering and never learned to accept it but im adult now and i have never came to accept myself i have never had a job cuz im so scared.. now im a mom and i dont want my dd to see that i cant accept just in case she stutter

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Put your petty fears aside, and do what is right for you and your kid.
    Anonymous

• why is it petty and what am i not doing right for my dd
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• im sure that if your DD stuttered you would accept her anyway. its the stuttering you don't accept in yourself. if you feel you need to go to classes for help, then you should go. if it will help you have a fuller life you should do it. think about what will hapeen when your chikd is older...will you keep her sheltered because YOU have a speech problem and do not want to be around other people?
    ultimately you have to do what you feel is best. the fact that you are beginning to reach out for help is a step in the right direction.
    good luck!
    klatshaw

Answer by klatshaw at 5:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2010