What is/was your babys heart rate? Was it a boy or a girl?

My babys heart rate is 164 and I really want a girl. What's yours?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 5:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOL I don't remember, but my cousins go to the same doc, and early on she told one cousin it was a boy (per the heartrate) and the other it was a girl, and she was completely wrong.. So don't take that to the bank! LOL
    Anonymous

• I've always heard that a faster heart rate usually meant you were having a boy.. obviously not 100% accurate...
    Anonymous

• I have two boys and am pregnant with my third, their heart rates ranged from the 140s-160s at different stages of my pregnancy.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I have always heard faster heartrate means a girl and slower for boys. Having said that...My first and third pregnancies were in the 160s they were girls. My 2nd and 4th were usually in the 140s and they are also girls. You can't accurately determine sex based off the heartrate.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 5:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my Sons heart rate while I was pregnant stayed in the 150's. Until close to my due date, it started to lower, which is normal.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 6:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my daughters was in the 120s
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I just had an ultrasound today and the heartbeat was 168! I know that my sons was in the 140s and I'm also hoping for a girl!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I always read that over 144 was girl and under was boy. However, my baby was always higher than 144 and was a boy:)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2010