I think my 7yr old might be getting her period!!!! she said she had some bleeding when she went to the toilet so we had a bit of a chat ......is this normal is she not too young????

eshll

Asked by eshll at 5:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Kids' Health

• 7.. what grade is she in? Sorry I just remember getting mine in the 4th grade, I don't know how old that is. LOL.
    Also is she overweight?
    Anonymous

• it sometimes can happen that young..
    Anonymous

• Not normal... I started when I was 6. She will be fine but I would take her to a doc. There are several things(too many to name) that can cause a young girl to start that early. She could just be hitting puberty early so it could be nothing. Just get her checked out to be sure.....
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 5:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my daughter had that one day...her undies were all bloody then when i took her in, the doc said it was because she was taking baths in soapy water and thats what caused it and irritated her. WHEW! it was a very scary thing.

i dont really think we could tell you exactly but its best to consider all answers.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Now a days it is become more and more commen. My Dr told me about they girls around 7 and 8 are getting there period due to the growth homones they put in animals to get them to grow faster and bigger.
    Anonymous

• Sadly, it is the new normal, for girls who are fed conventional, hormone laden meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Did she have a bowel movement at the same time? It could be that instead, hemorrhoids or something.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Try to google it but I have read it is possible to start young atleast by 8 I had mine at 10.

It is good to have this talk with her that way she won't think anything negative about it. Just make sure you tell her it is normal/natural.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It's not normal and you should talk to her doctor about it. She may need to be tested for precocious puberty.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Could be period or hemeroid, or UTI. Was it for a period of time, or just that one time? Any pain?
    Anonymous