how interactive are you with your kids

i think i am really lazy sometimes bc my 19 month old should be doing more education things but i cant get off my ass to get to it. my 5 yr old was in daycare at 8 wks so i could go back to work. her schedule after school is 30-45 min of playtime when she gets home, then 1 hour of wii or PC games, then dinner and homework, then a bath and a movie before bed. the baby is home with me all day and mostly runs around playing with his toys and things while i go back and forth from cleaning to playing on the PC/Wii. we read 2 books everynight and usually one during the day, i try to get him to color. and scribble but not everyday. we count and name out things in the house and sing and dance but i still feel he needs more and that. i am not good with strict schedules but i want him to be ready for school....how can i make myself more motivated and productive or am i being hard on myself!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well, i think it depends on the child also, I happen to have a child who does not like to play independantly. So he always asked me or pulls my hand to play WITH him, i sometimes wish he'd want a bit more of HIM time.. but we do flashcards at snack time of shapes and pictures, he knows most colors of things because when I ask him to get something or if I get something, I always show him and tell him the color, he counted to 4 the other day but he really isn't interested in learning numbers - oh, he turned 2 in Nov.. he's a big helper at the grocery store which is very interactive plus exciting for him.. he goes through times he won't let me read to him even though I try daily.. mostly at nap and bed we do it. He doesn't like to color at all though - sounds like you are doing fine..like i said, all kids are different!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010