Numbness in hands and feet at 33weeks

Lately I've been experiencing numbness in my hands and feet. It's more-so tingly instead of that 'fell asleep' pins and needles feeling. It comes and goes and the feeling usually doesn't last for longer than 30 mins and is one limb at a time. I was just wondering if this is normal or what it could indicate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• bad blood flow...you should keep your feet elevated or walk around
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Towards the end of my pregnancy the same thing happened to me and my dr told me i must have been eating foods with lots of sodium. He said that causes you to swell and it squeezes your veins/arteries in your arms which causes numbness and the tingly feeling. Just try to eat healthy, keep your feet up and try to sleep with your arms down instead of under your pillow to avoid that numb tingly feeling! For me though it didn't stop until about a month after i had my son. You can ask your dr for suggestions on what you can do as well. Hope this helps! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy :)

-Mary
    hot_mama4

Answer by hot_mama4 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You can try a chiroprator. It really helped me.
    Anonymous

• try a chiropractor!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2010