Does your children's daddy stay gone for long periods of time, (military, job reasons, ect) ?

My son's daddy left to study abroad. Just under 7 more months to go and he'll be home! :) But...just recently..it's really been affecting our son really bad. He is always telling me how sad he is, that he misses his daddy, that he wants to see him, that he acts up cuz daddy isn't home...ect..these past few days have been extremely hard on him.. he just wants to sit in his room all day..watching Car movie..or just sitting. He has the chance to talk to his daddy through webcam but he never is interested. I've been trying hard to keep him occupied, doing fun things, to take his mind off of it..and when he wants to talk about it, I listen..and I always explain to him daddy will be back. We even made a chain to count down the days til daddy is home & we cut one off every night. And mark the day off the calender...I dont know what else to do to make it easier. He is 2 and a half. Any advice from people who've experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sesame street has created a wonderful video series called “Talk, Listen, Connect” to help young children understand deployment.

Got the information from here first.

Anonymous