Every child is a gift from God, and God never makes mistakes. He picks the exact parents for every child.

This was an answer to another question.

My question is IF children are really a gift from God, why does God give children to drug addicts, abusers, pedophiles or murderers??

Seriously, do people really believe this stuff?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Doesnt make that child any less a gift from god.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i agree its what the child does god didnt hand them the drugs and say do them. he puts them their to test people.
    Anonymous

• WRONG WRONG WRONG. I am not Christian, but I do have Gods I believe in. I just cannot wrap my head around any higher being purposely putting kids in the hands of dangerous people. Sorry, just can't do it. If we were to believe that, then we'd also have to admit that our Gods DO make mistakes, and that would just null and void all previous beliefs. Can't have it both ways.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 5:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I agree that what children we have are meant to be with us. I also agree that we are here and life is about learning and testing our limits. Many of the greatest lessons are learned through a hard life.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• There are horrible things all over the world. I don't know why all this happens. I do know God has a reason for it. If everything was perfect while we are here on Earth we wouldn't always have a reason to grow closer to God. Often the worst experiences can strengthen a persons belief in God. I don't pretend that I can understand the reason for all the suffering in the world because I don't, I just trust God.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• We cannot know what the purpose of life is, or what the effect these expiriences have on us or the futur. My father was born to a woman with a drug problem, in poverty, who actually dropped him off in the woods when he was 8 so she could have some alone time with her male friends. She drove off with a ' I'll see you when you get home'.

He has since lived a very fulfilling life, have five childrenwho have succeeded (comparitively) in life. We thank god each day that we are here, and that means we are also thankful for the circumstances my Dad was born into, while we wouldn't wish it on anyone, he wouldn't be who he is, and we wouldnt be who we are if it had been different.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My three little gifts get sent to thier room alot, but that is how I do view them. God gives us the gift of reproducing but it saddens me deeply what some parents do.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I agree with NightPhoenix.
    I cannot even begin to understand how some people could possibly believe that...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Because they aren't a "gift" from God, they are a result of people having sex...sometimes the result of people having casual sex....people high on drugs and doing it to get their next fix, and more times than not, the result of a mother and father wanting to have a child.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Sahmama.... You are a gift from God given to your mother and father. To say children are not a gift is saying that you , yourself are not a gift either but that is an absolute lie from the pit of hell.
    All children are a gift but how they are received is a different story... it never changes the fact that they are a gift.
    Here is an example. A friend gives you a potted plant as a gift. It is a gift right? How you treat that gift is your choice.. You can either water it , replant it and take care of it or let it die. It is still a gift from your friend! Make sense? Whether or not you wanted the gift the friend gave it to you and then it was your choice to do as you wish... your free will is left intact. :-)
    Same with these parents regardless of what they do God gave them a gift, a precious gift of life, it is their choice what they do with that life. Hopefully they wake up and realise they need to clean up cont.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2010