if someone were to call CPS or child services on you, what would you have to do to prepare for them?

home wise?
children wise?

anything else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• but i can add another answer...

If they want to take custody of your child for whatever reason they will need a warrant. If you have the means contact a lawyer immediatly otherwise you will get appointed an attorney. Speak with your attorney, based off of what allegations were called over you will have maximum 3 days to rectify them, that is 3 days before you go to court to start the battle. ( they say messy home conditions, get it cleaned in 3 days, they will "drop" by.. often times unless the home is that deplorable they will return in 1 weeks time to check it over again.. if then again nt good enough they will take them)

If they retain custody at that case family will be sought to care for them otherwise placement within the agency ... you will return to court in 6 months, unless all they want is done sooner you can request and expedited hearing getting you in sooner... court will be every 6 months unless expedited.
    Love2HateMe

Answer by Love2HateMe at 8:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Nothing. I don't have anything in my home, or do anything in my home, or treat my kids any way that I would be uncomfortable in front of someone from CPS. I guess I would want to know who called and why, what the accusations where.
    Anonymous

• Make sure you have enough food in your house. Have your house clean/ not nasty. Make sure your chidren are clean and have clean close on. All this will help.

Answer by louise2 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i would want to put on my bra and some better clothes
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i would make sure its clean...other than that, we wouldnt need any other preparations.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• but as pp said you need to make sure your fridge is stocked and cabnits...like you are having company over try to have everything nice
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• they may check your children for marks and bruising
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'm with Shay, though I'm actually wearing a bra and shoes today. Go figure?

My husband's got a psycho ex-wife, so I'm always waiting for that shoe to drop. When I clean I think to myself, "What would CPS find wrong today?" because they will always find SOMETHING wrong. It's not something I stress over, but it's always in mind. I keep sheets and bedding fresh, I keep closets tidy, I keep more food on hand than any eight families could eat in a week (seriously), and I keep up with the outside of the house, too (picking up dog poop, making sure there's no trash around, etc).

On a bad day the worst they could tell me would be to tidy my cluttered counter tops and vacuum.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• depends on why they were called
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Make sure the dogs are put up so they don't scare them! lol
    Anonymous