Does the father of your child still have your heart?

I'm currently new at being single and now sharing a child with my ex. I do the best to be civil and do try to think of our baby together. But I'm one of those girls where it takes years to get over someone. Constantly seeing him really hurts, I get jealous thoughts of who he is sleeping with now. etc etc. I tear up even after dropping off, meeting him or picking up my son. It's hard to have closure when he is continually in my life. How did people get to the "civil, we weren't meant to be together, but will be good parents" point? Or is there always lingering feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Thankgoodness NO, neither of them.

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You want more for your child than you want for youself, you force yourself to do it. Don't worry you will find another man.
    Anonymous

• It will be hard because of the fact that you always see him and he will be in your life because of your child (which you gotta be greatful that he wants part in it), it will take sometime but you will get over him...time heals.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No, I've never felt that way. I think it was because by the time I left my ex husband that there was NOTHING fixable in our relationship. We had tried counseling and every way we could think of to fix things and by the end of our marriage we were exhausted and definatly ready for divorce. There will always be a connection between us because we share a child together, but there is nothing more. I wasn't even jelous when we broke up, and I can be jealous at times. Time heals.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yes, and he will always have a piece of it because he is the father of my children
    LnAsMom16

Answer by LnAsMom16 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• He did until I met SO and the lingering stopped!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• well for me I guess I always had lingering feelings, because after 10 years of being apart and trying to "co parent", we are back together!! Not to get your hopes up, I know this is unusual. You just have to keep your feelings inside. GL
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 7:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Honestly, he never really had my heart to begin with. In total truth, we really only got married b/c I got pregnant. Everything that came after was a result of that, not a result of my being in love with him. I honestly don't know if there was ever a point where I truly loved him. It did take me several yrs to get back into dating seriously again, though. But then I met my boyfriend, and any feelings I ever had for any man before him disappeared. I love him more than anyone except my children, and I would still love him if we broke up.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2010