I am due on Monday, January 10,2010........

I have had no signs or symptoms that the baby is comming, with my first son I was overdue and had to be induced. Just wondering if in your opinion if that is the most likely way my second is going to come. Do I have more of a chance being overdue once again, or could within the next 5 days I get a surprise visit??

jsimonds220

Asked by jsimonds220 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its hard to say because each pregnancy is different. i was originally due Jan 10th and had my daughter Dec 16th because medicine would not stop labor. My first pregnancy, my son had to be induced a day early. So the baby will come when he or she is ready.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 6:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• WIth my son I had no signs or symtopms of labor then bam on my due date serious contraction.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Anything is possible. The best part will be when you hold that little one for the first time. I have learned that they come when they want. So many people in my Church have "popped" at different times and different spreads. It always seems that the child is the determining factor, not the track record of the mother.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• First how "overdue" with your first were you when you got induced? Typical pregnancy is 38-42 weeks long and first time mothers (especially white and older mothers) tend to go closer to 42 weeks or more if left alone. Second you typically go a little earlier with your second child, but I was 10 days early with my first and only 5 days early with my second. Since you were induced you really have no idea when you would have gone into labor with the first so there is really no way (not that there really is anyway) that you can predict what will happen with this one. Personally I would wait until I hit 42 weeks and see what happens then unless there was a true medical need for an induction before then.
    Anonymous

• with my first they would only allow me a week over the 40wk period since there was a holiday I went one day over that week so my first son came out 41.1wks. I am in no rush at all I know he will be here soon and as long as he is healthy then I will be a happy mama I was just wondering if I had higher chances of being induced once again or not. And your right I have no idea what it is like to go into a surprise labor like that, so it is always on my mind, it's almost like being pregnant for the first time all over again, because I don't know what it is like to go into labor at home.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Monday is the 11th not the 10th. My first was 3 weeks early and my second was 3 1/2 weeks late
    Anonymous

• I meant to write the 11th I was just so focused on getting the year right I wrote 10 twice..lol
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• well i think that your baby would most likely be born within 2 weeks of the due date no matter what. so that would be by the 25th. but not necessarily. i didn't have any signs of labor coming until the day my son was born at 41 weeks. =) good luck !!!
    Anonymous

• I had my son on Monday (37 weeks 6 days) and it started off as nothing more than minimal (VERY minimal) cramping which came every 4 minutes. Two hours later, still no pain, my water broke. With baby #2 I was 5 cm at 37 weeks and still didnt go into labor til I was induced.

So just because you show "no signs" today, doesnt mean you cant be in labor tonight!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Wow. They induced you because of a holiday? I'd be pissed, and wouldn't allow that! This is what you sign up for when you become a doctor. Sorry, rant over. To answer your question, I don't think how far you went the first time is any indication of how far you will go this time. Every baby is different, and most will come when they are ready.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2010