What's your great diet trick?

I have almost gotten to my target weight, and I gained a little during the hoilday's, and I want to try something new and healthy.

LnAsMom16

Asked by LnAsMom16 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Sorry, no tricks here just hard work. I changed my eating habits and started exercising.
    Anonymous

• I eat whatever I'm craving, even if it's just a few bites. I find that if I try to "replace" my snack with something else, i end up binge eating. Another thing that I do, is find a healthier version so I don't feel guilty; for example, I'll make chocolate cookies and I'll add quick oats and wheat flour, skim milk instead of whole, things like that. It really worked for me, i had gained a 35 pounds from my pregnancy and lost most of by using this trick, and I try to work out at least 3-4 times a week for about a hour at a time.
    Supastarr8182

Answer by Supastarr8182 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• WATER! Tried and made it a game how much can I drink before diner.
    Anonymous

• One "trick" of mine is just basic proper posture! seriously! keeping yourself sitting or standing straight rather than slouching will do wonders on your midsection. If you have problems doing this on your own, get a real corset, the kind with boning, not just the spandex wrap things.
    Anonymous

• Gluten free diet. All junk food has gluten in it so you can't eat any crap. Your digestive system will work so much better. Your hormones will regulate. It's a miracle diet. No fake food.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Well for me just working out and eating right.I dont deprieve myself either...never have.Lost 140 pounds this way and keeping it off.I also drink alot of water too.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 9:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:27 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i have a salad 5x a week with kale, swiss chard and spinach. it takes sooo long to chew! Those leafy greens are very good for you! I also use no dressing, cucumbers, tomatoes, nuts and chicken.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If you don't like to workout sex is a great way to lose calories.
    Anonymous