Would you abort a child that was a product of rape?

My hubby and I somehow got on this topic and he said he didnt think that he could handle raising a child that was produced by such a tragedy. I on the other hand feel that since the child is half mine that I would keep it. This is the only situation that would get me thinking about abortion since I am mostly against it, but I still don't think that I could. Would you and your hubby keep a baby that was a product of you being raped?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 7:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• absolutley. if god meant me to get pregnant then thats what is meant to be. also by having an abortion i know a bunch of people that cant have kids now or are having trouble i wouldnt be ale to live with myself. a baby is a baby no matter how its made.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 7:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I was date raped and kept my child. My husband (who has been her father since the age of 4) accepts her as his own. I can't imagine my life with her...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I guess it depends on the person... I don't know if I could because it would be a constant reminder of a horrible event and it is hard enough when a woman gets raped, you don't constanly need to be reminded of it.
    Anonymous

• I think most likely I would probably abort. I can't say for sure unless I were in that position but I think the emotional tole would be too great.

My husband says that he would leave it up to me.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Not having ever been raped, I really don't know how I would react. My initial response would be that I would abort, as I don't think I could handle a constant reminder of such a violent act. I don't know if I could provide enough love and attention to a child I might possibly hold an unfair grudge against.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i would keep the baby, because it would be MY baby! Not sure how hubby feels about that issue......
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 7:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I speaking only for myself, could never abort.......
    The baby, is the VICTIM ALSO.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No I would not keep it. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• I am not a supporter of abortion, yet I dont drill those that do it... If it were rape, I would most likely abort.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 7:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No. My husband would 100% support me and the baby but I couldn't do it. I once almost had to face this issue. Thank god I wasn't pregnant.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010