Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This girl I know...

she has a drug problem and I am worried for the baby, I know they will drug test the baby, when this happens, if the baby comes back with positive results will they take the baby and what will she have to do to get the baby back??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

Answers (6)
  • if she has a drug problem, she doesn't deserve to have that baby. she needs to get help and get sober. she obviously needs a priority re-arrange. and that baby deserves a LOVING home and parents that put the babies needs FIRST.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

  • if they test the baby when it's born and it is positive for drugs, they will call social services in, they will allow her to have her baby if she goes into drug treatment.

    Answer by robyann at 7:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

  • I told her and told her but drug addiction is a strong thing I guess, she is all torn up about her use while being pregnant she feels terrible about it and I just feel horrible for her

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

  • You should call someone now! I guess she must have a history of abuse? Honestly if she can't get clean while pregnant, she isn't going to after the baby comes. She should do the right thing and give the baby up for adoption, no child deserves this, and yes I understand it is a disease, but if you won't get help while pregnant you are not probably going to straighten up the minute your baby is born. I also think she needs her tubes tied to prevent this from happening, I hope the baby is okay when it is born!

    Answer by kimigogo at 7:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

  • I haven't heard how the baby health is yet, but I hope so to and she does need to get help I agree a precious little baby doesn't deserve it!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

  • Her dr should have tested her already but as for taking the child after its born it would be up to the state law.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.