34 weeks. does anyone else have paralyzing hip/side upper leg pain when in bed?

im 34 weeks and for months at night while in bed i get the worst paralyzing pain in my hips and and upper top legs. the pain is so strong to the point where i can hardly walk. i think it might just be all the weight i'm carrying but not sure? anyone else dealing with this?

babyphillips210

Asked by babyphillips210 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I get the worst pain in my hips and toss and turn all night long I was told it is from my joints and bones loosening up to prepare for the arrival of your little one, but the pain in my hips is unbearable!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• sounds sciatic nerve pain. One of the reasons I spent the last 2 months sleeping in a recliner. It totally sucks but there's nothing to do for it other than try different positions. Getting on your hands and knees for a while can sometimes get baby off the nerve though.
    Anonymous

• yup i get that on my left side of my hip an when i walk it feels like its pulling my hip another way hurts so bad i think its all the weight carrying around an the baby too so no clue i usually try to sleep it off or if really bad warm bath to relax my muscles!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• see a chiropractor, they are great!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2010