Should I stay or should I go?

Ive been with my husbadn now for 10 years been married 7. Weve been through so much together good and bad. but it seems as though theres been more bad than good. Right now we are spending some time apart due to problems but ive told him that im not in love with him anymore and that i do love him but not in love. I dont know if things can get better or if its just over. We have two children together and i have two children from previous relationships but hes just like their dad anyways since hes been around all their lives. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Have you consulted a marriage counselor? That should be your first stop...someone who can talk with you and drill down to the real issues.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Yeah I agree with gdiamante, you really don't want to give up on this relationship so easily. Not saying you haven't tried already to make it work, but don't give up yet. This is your children's father, if at all possible they need you both together. I doubt being seperated right now is the best thing to do. You probably need to spend time together. Maybe try to go on a "date" with him. Do something you used to do together before you were married. Marriage AND Love are a committment, you don't always feel "in love" with your partner, but you make a committment to love them. GL
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 7:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Ask him if he wants to work on it with you. When the bad outweighed the good I always left. I tried to leave SO a couple of years ago but told him if he wanted it to work he'd have to fix things bc I was done. I was shocked. He took over and made it all work and it's all good. Men love to fix things so maybe your man will fix things. Just talk to him

Answer by admckenzie at 7:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Can you do it on your own with four kids? Just think about all the consequensces. And it may not be the easiest to find someone new with four kids. Just being honest!
    Anonymous

• If you have to ask the question, then probably you should go. JMO.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I think you should weigh your options....it the good outwieghs the bad then its worth considering and if the bad outweights the good then move on, im sure it will be tough, but to me, staying together for the sake of the kids is just NOT ENOUGH-I have 2 kids, and I've been a single mom for 14 years.......My sister however, just got married in May of 2009, has four children and has been a single mom for 25 YEARS.....It can be done....YOU can do it :-) TRUST ME!!!!!
    BUTTERFLYKITTEN

Answer by BUTTERFLYKITTEN at 11:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010