nose suction

this is my first baby and he has a cold he is 2 months and congested how do i suction his nose do i need saline what saline and where do i get it plz no bashing i dont have any family members to ask and his father is not around b/c i was raped

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• run a humidifiyer for him as well as using the suction and there alos is over the counter stuff for babys like we take for congestion
    talk to your dr and see if he or she can give u a percription and a refile to keep onhand
    u will be fine and i have never read on here anyone someone bashing
    they do not need to know your situation we r all here to help eachother out and to vent
    taking care of a baby is a fulltime job
    bless u
    cherylc1962
    cherylc1962

Answer by cherylc1962 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• at the pharmacy there should be a shelf dedicated to saline sprays. i use a gentle one for kids (cannot remember the brand but I think its canadian)

a quick spritz, wait a minute to let the saline loosen it up then suction. but DON'T do it too hard, and don't do it too frequently. I think I was told once or twice a day should be the limit
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• thank u
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 7:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010