Is it safe to cut back to 1,200 calories a day when trying to lose weight?

I am only five foot and weigh about 128. My goal is to weigh 120. I signed up for a food journal online and it said that I shouldnt eat more than 1,200 calories a day. Is it safe to cut back to that? It seems low to me but have managed to keep my calories at that for four days now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

• depends what you're doing for physical activity.

if you're active you do need higher calories, but if you aren't active you don't need as many.

for my inactive days my calorie intake should be around 1200, and up to 1600-1800 on my active days. I'm 6ft and 190.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• If you only weigh 128 then yes. They were talking about this yesterday on tv and they suggested 1200 calories. I tend to go toward 1500 but that's bc I'm not disciplined! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 7:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Umm 128 is the perfect weight for 5 foot 5 inches tall, buy yes 1,200 calories is fine, I personally think you don't need a diet, LOL
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• OP HERE------I should add that I do work out for an hour each day if that makes any difference....LOL.
    Anonymous