my daughter has very dry skin

my 2 1/2 year old has alot of dry patches all over her legs and arms i use jergens for extra dry skin on her a couple times a day but she still scratches like crazy does anyone know of a better lotion i could use to ease her dry skin

mom24147

Asked by mom24147 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try eucerin, my son has keratosis pylaris (dead skin under the hair folicles) which causes dry bumps on the backs of his arms and on his legs and the pediatrician told me to use the lotion i mentioned above they have one for extremely dry skin. Use it faithfully a few times a day everyday. Good Luck
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• have you tried baby lotion or baby oil. Those tend to work pretty good I think. gl
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Vaseline, their newest one, the skin emergency stuff (sorry, can't think exactly what it's called). I use in on my littles.
    Anonymous

• Aveeno's Eczema lotion! I swear by that one! did wonder's for my daughter.
    Anonymous

• Try putting petrolium jell first if it's not working used Eucerin, last option i will give you is try SWEEN 24. This is the product that i've been using for 3 yrs. My daughter have a very bad Eczema i tyried every lotion to her and this is the only product that works with her. You cannot buy this in drugstores if you are in USA , if you are in CANADA they do carry them but in small sizes only. but i buy it online they have their website and lot cheaper.
    jjfaraon

Answer by jjfaraon at 8:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Eucerin is awesome! I buy the original creme in the tub. Worth the money!
    Anonymous

• my doc reccommends the eucerin cream also, but she also said that sometimes those patches can require some steriods to heal so she prescribed some cortisone ointment for my baby girl and her skin is lookin smooth already
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I was never comfortable putting petroleum byproducts on a baby. Use coconut oil; make sure she is drinking lots of water; keep baths short and infrequent.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:23 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Renew lotion works great!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• coconut oil, apricot oil, even olive oil. give her fish oil orally, be sure she gets good fats in her diet..and like rkoloms said keep her hydrated,and don't bathe her too often. I would consider not using soap too.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2010