Anyone on Zoloft while pregnant?

I went to the doctors today and got put on some depression medicine called Zoloft, i was wondering if anyone else who is prego got put on that and what the side effects are? Is weight gain one of them?

Casteel_chick

Asked by Casteel_chick at 7:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've been on zoloft for more than a year now and a little weight gain is a common side effect. As for starting it as you're pregnant, I'm not sure if that'd be a great idea. It tends to make you nauseated at first. But if you're already starting it and it's not bothering you, you shouldn't have a problem. It's one of the few antidepressants that is ok to take during pregnancy if the benefits outweigh the negatives.
    mire621

Answer by mire621 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I was on Paxil before I found out I was pregnant and because of birth defects that have been recorded with Paxil I decided I dind't want to be on it while I am preggo. They put me on Zoloft but I've not taken it because it has risks as well. I WILL start my Paxil back immediately after the baby comes. It's been hard and might I say MOODY around my house these last few months, but knowing that my baby hasn't been exposed to these makes it all worth while. I hope you have a great pregnancy and things start looking up for you soon. Good Luck.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2010