~If you had a choice would you have a micro~chip inserted into your child???

So you'll know where they are at all times, sorta like a GPS.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My oldest...yes. My younger two...nah. LOL
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No. Children are not pets. Micro chips should not be inserted into any person!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No because the reason its not a good idea for humans like it is, dogs for instance, is the human body has a really good system for rejecting unwanted objects, it would either be ejected from skin or put in the bloodstream and possibly cause death
    Anonymous

• Uh, no. You can't MICROmanage them forever!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• No i would not
    Anonymous

• NEVER! It sounds like it could be cool and convenient, but dangerous. First off, the idea of being able to find an abducted child quickly is very appealing, but if there is a way to damage the microchip, I'm sure the abductors will find it. Microchipping will strip away our most basic freedom. It gives government and big business TOTAL POWER over you. In a perfect world, it would be safe enough, but in a corrupt world, the innocent will suffer while the crooks get away with murder.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 8:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Well yes and no. I have three boys with autism who are non-verbal and unable to tell an authority figure there name, address, and other such info. They also like to wander and will run off without thinking. So in this case yes. Also it would be useful if someone tried to kidnap them. However as they get older they are certainly entitled to privacy and I am rather uncomfortable with who else could be "monitoring" them. It's not an easy thing to decide and would depend on the pros/cons and who exactly would be able to access the information.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You know, even in the kidnapping scenario, I don't like it. I had a stranger grab me off the street - and I can tell you - these are not nice people, and I can't help but get a gruesome image in my mind of kids getting cut up to dig out the microchip.
    Anonymous

• No.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• In theory sounds amazing, but at the risk of doing more harm than good..i would probably say nope!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010