Real Tobacco question

ok i heard real tobacco doesnt have any chemicals that will mess up your lungs and your body is this true? Bash me all you want, im not trying to be stupid. I know what cigs are made out of. My husband smokes and i dont want him smoking anymore. he has tried cold turkey and other methods but it does not work. its not that he wants to get sick from it but its hard on him. we both dont want him to go on medication for it because we dont like that and we both dont want him to get addicted to something else. what can we do? do not suggest chantix or meds plz. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

• He has to decide he is done, not you. I had been trying to get my husband to quit and he just wouldn't. Finally one day, he was done. He bought patches at Target and put the smokes down. He wore the patch for a week and then went off and has not smoked since. He does use lifesavers or other types of hard candy to fight urges but he has been one year smoke free. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do but wait. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My great aunt went with a couple friends to an accupuncture place that said they could stop the urge to smoke. She was very sure she wanted to quit after she got done fighting colon cancer. She went and hasn't smoked since. The friends just went along but weren't sure they really wanted to quit and they went back to smoking. She says it helped her a lot. I do think that a lot of it is just being ready to quit though.
    mommy9

Answer by mommy9 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Natural tobacco still has tar and nicotine in it. And smoking anything will put CO and CO2 into your body. Also, even natural tobacco is sprayed for worms. The pesticides and herbicides aren't good. There are fewer yuckies, but it's not "safer." Like no added flavorings or added fiber glass.

My sister is in med school aka the place where you become a hypochondriac. They do dissections and get to feel inside bodies of smokers and such. Nothing with terrify you healthy like an anatomy lab. Is there a university near by that he can sit in as an observer? I know, super morbid.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It can give you cancer of the mouth and throat.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:21 AM on Jan. 7, 2010