How many of each size do i need for a newborn? (clothes)

I have a few o-3 months sleepers, onesies and long sleeve onesies. I have 0-3 months of 3 outfits like a onesie that comes with pants and a hoodie jacket.
I want to know how many of 0-3 months i need, 3-6, 6-9 and 9-12 months? I want to buy what i can with my income. I dont want to go all crazy on clothes, yes i know all kids grow diff but my kids are always short and thin. I dont have big babies or chunky babies. both my daughters where 18 and 19 inches long and 6lbs each. Where i live is in Wa state and in april- may its kinda chilly still. The weather here is crazy and can change day to day. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Buy whatever you see fit, you just may end up doing more laundry than others....no one can tell you exactly how many of what to buy. Go to second hand stores and look on freecycle....I wasnt in a position to buy alot either...i know onesies are a must...but i had some my son never even got to wear! Think about how many times you would change a baby in a day or two...and think about how often you can do laundry and go from there!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• sweetkissez22- thanks for the advice, i will have money because im using my income tax. Im only asking because i have two girls and the first baby i had (girl) got way too many onesies and summer stuff at the baby shower and not alot of full outfits that she could of worn going out so my husband and i had to buy more clothes when the dresser was completely full of crap we didnt need. i guess im feeling over whelmed and i dont know much to buy because later we wont have money again. Anyways thanks
    Anonymous

• It is up in the air with each child. I stocked up on mostly 3+ months because big babies run in my family as well as hubby's family...but our son was born at 5lbs 11oz & 19in - we had to buy preemie sizes for a month. He's almost 3months now & he still doesn't fit in the majority of the clothes we bought during the pregnancy (he's barely 11lbs now & 23in). You could always go off of what you had (& what you needed) with your daughters though, that would give you a better estimate than any of us could.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• wannabemommy87- thanks thats true. i will just buy 3 of each size and go from there. I dont want to over buy and have clothes that i took tags off and i cant return it. Thanks
    Anonymous