Anyone take Paxil?

I was just prescribed paxil for my General Anxiety Disorder and my mounting stress...also I am currently underweight since my husband has deployed, Ive been eating alot less (since I only have to cook for myself and DD I dont make big meals) and the stress is killing my appetite...im 98 lbs..need to be at 103.....He said it would make me gain weight so I wouldnt have to worry about it anymore...well how much is it gonna make me gain? im kind of nervous, I dont want to be underweight anymore but I dont wanna be above 110, and I dont want to gain a bunch of fat junk weight ( I eat healthy anyways) but Im wondering HOW it makes you gain weight and HOW much

Italiancouture7

Asked by Italiancouture7 at 8:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

• I've never taken it, but Im going to the Dr. next week for almost the same thing. Mine got bad after my DH left, but he came home on emergency leave in Nov. when his Dad passed away, & I think I've lost 10 pounds since then. I have a feeling the Dr. will want me to take s.thing similar, so if you decide to do it, let me know how its goes. Good Luck!
    Keeley22

Answer by Keeley22 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• It is one of the side effects of Paxil-- weight problems. I took Paxil but I didn't have problems with my weight, I struggled with sleeping problems. I've experienced its common side effects such as insomnia, dry mouth, sweating, dizziness, nausea and fatigue. If you would want to gain weight, I suggest that you start eating right. Having a healthy diet could also help with your depression. I'm currently on an exercise program. Other side effects of Paxil like birth defects and heart complications have been the issue in various lawsuits against Paxil.

Josephine143

Answer by Josephine143 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 6, 2012