How much would you tip a crappy waiter?

Went to Olive Garden with my husband. We were seated by a male waiter. He gave us our drinks, and took our order. After he brought us our food, he disappeared. We never saw him again. No refills on drinks, salad or breadsticks, nothing. After we finished our meal, he graciously brought the check, then once again, disappeared. We had to bring the bill and money to the hostess!

My question for you is, how much of a tip would you have left? I left 15% because my parents taught me to always tip, but he really didn't deserve a damn thing.

Any thoughts?

How much would you tip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• ABOSLUTELY NOTHING...He did not more than the 2.50 the probably pay him!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My mom was a waitress. She said don't tip anything if you get bad service and they will stop giving bad service.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I quit going off the "old times".....these days kids think WE owe them the world. SO NO SERVICE NO TIP from us.........I don't feel it is being rude, I feel you get what you pay for. RIGHT?
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 8:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I used to waitress so I always tip on the higher end of the scale, but I do factor in if the service was good or not and if they pull disappearing acts like that that knocks points off their service in my opinion and i would have tipped much less, cuz you didn't get what you were there paying for.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• crappy service = crappy tip
    I think the least I've ever tipped is 5% though.
    Anonymous

• I do not tip crappy waiters.

Answer by louise2 at 9:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't have tipped at all. Generally, even when the servers make less than minimum, they get minimum wage pay. If I get bad/no service, they get no tip. In addition to that, I would have spoken with the manager, or gotten a number to call (along with server's name) and lety someone know why I was unhappy.
    mommymonkey

Answer by mommymonkey at 9:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• "Generally, even when the servers make less than minimum, they get minimum wage pay"

not true, i was a server at olive garden and i was making 2.13 an hour, tips were the only form of income i had. with that said, i usually tip on the higher end of the scale but in this situation i wouldn't have tipped and spoken to the manager.
    flaggot13

Answer by flaggot13 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I work in the service industry, and I know how important it is to give your guest excellent service. I would not expect a tip if I gave less than good service, and I never tip when I receive bad service! I live by one rule at work~ treat my guest the same way I would treat my parents if they came to my place of business.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I was a waitress and I dont ever leave nothing.... If it was bad service then I would leave a little less then normal.... But I always tip.... I was a really good waitress and always kept up with my customers but sometimes people are just rude and no matter what kind of service you give them them they dont leave anything! It used to really suck because ther was always this couple that came in and asked to sit in my section and they NEVER tipped me...? What was uo with that? LOL... And about the minimum wage flaaot13 is right I got pais 2.13 as well and my tips and that was it..... I would have also said something to the manager because they need to know when someone is giving bad service!
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 9:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010