Had a ultrasound at 36weeks.........

They estimated the weight of the baby at that time at a little over 6lbs I am now 39wks how much weight would the baby have gained in the past 3wks? trying to figure out how much he will weigh when he is born.

jsimonds220

Asked by jsimonds220 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it averages about a lbs a week in the last 4 weeks or so, of course thats give or take.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'm 35 wks and 3 days and the dr told me this morning my baby was 6 lbs even and I have to have my cerclage taken out on the 19 and that about two wks from now he said that she would be weighing about 7 lbs then so I'd say about 8 lbs maybe for your baby.congrats and good luck
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Ultrasounds are notoriously BAD at predicting birth weight - don't put too much trust in it....
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 9:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• they gain anywhere from a half pounf to a pound a week for the last month, it just depends.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i believe its half a pound a week. dont count on it to be accurate though. i had an ultrasound at 36 wk also and they said he was 8lb 11oz already and since i was diabetic and big babies run in my family it was believeable. He was born at 39 weeks and was 8lb 8oz. Nowhere near the moose they were expecting :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2010