Does anyone know how long it usually takes for you to go into labor after you have a cerclage removed?

I have mine taken out on the 19 and i'm so ready I asked the dr he said anywhere from 5 days to two wks just wondering if anyone else has had one removed and how long did it take you to go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mann i was sooo excited when they took mine out a week early at 36.....i ended up being 3dpd and almost had to be induced lol...it is all a big mystery!!! oh i was also dilated to a 2 the ENTIRE TIME!! LOL
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• wow thats what i'm afraid of I'm getting so excited about having it out but then know i could go to term which sucks because i'm so ready to have her lol.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i understand completely...i walked and walked and walked and walked but nothing worked and i was past due before u knew it...
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I go the 29th of Jan to have mine put in. My doctor told me that things will run its course, nature would take over and it could be before you make it home or 40 weeks. Were you in pain afterwards? Did they give you anything to take home? I'm nervous about it.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• WHAT THE HECK IS A CERCLAGE??? This is my 3rd preg and I've never heard of that.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Cerclage is having the cervix sewn closed because it wants to dilate prematurely.

The stories that I recall are with moms that had it removed and went to their due date or even well past, ironically. So I guess it worked and all was well!

What is best for baby is the priority, so if we go to term we can be thankful. ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• very true I had my first daughter at 36 wks but the cerclage broke because i had it put in a little late at 20 wks and with this one it was put in at 14 wks so I wasn' sure how far I'd go with it I'll be 37 wks on the 17 and he's taking it out onthe 19 he said i could go right away or 5 days to two wks so i was wondering but yeah the longer she stays the better. My daughter was fine even though she was born at 36 wks. thanks for the help
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2010