Getting really frustrated with husband.......

I tell my son no drink, he will give him a drink, I tell my son he is on time out my husband takes him off of it, he does basically the opposite of what I say, so of course my son knows which parent to play, he goes to my husband all the time now cuz he gives in to him and I know its to stop the tempur tantrums, how can I get my husband to be on the same page as me??

jsimonds220

Asked by jsimonds220 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• talk to him
    Anonymous

• I talk to him till i'm blue in the face, it's like he doesn't want to hear it, that's why i'm at a loss, I feel like a broken record sometimes, he will say okay but never follows through!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i agree talking will help but i'm sure it wont solve the problem. try to find kids on your son's age that have parents that let them get away without discipline and see if your husband can handle living with an unruly child for 18yrs. sometimes action speaks louder than words and your husband needs to see that condoning bad behavior makes it hard for parents to control the kids. and it confuses the child. kids need rules, but YOU stick to your guys, i don't care if your husband takes him out of timeout,
    put his butt in that way your son won't be too confuse but knows not to mess with mommy...i hope this helps
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Tell your husband to stop being an undermining butthole or you're going to do bad things to him. What is his problem? Does he not believe in parenting as a "united front" as my Dh puts it?

Grr men are stupid.
    Anonymous

• punch him.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• lol hey you stole my answer!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Thank you ladies for all your answers, I like the idea of punching him, or slapping some sense into him, I tell ya I have no idea why God gave him a set of ears...lol
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2010