I'm trying to wean my almost 11 month old off the bottle.

What has worked for you? I have 1 month to do this before she moves rooms at the daycare and she refuses to drink anything that is not really warm! I've given her cold water from a sippy and she seems to do well, but refuses formula from a sippy. Help!

snb216

Asked by snb216 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a sippy cup with a soft spout they seem to take better to this kind at first, then progress to one with a hard spout.
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Its going to take sometime. She is going to have to get used to it. My daughter still had a bottle when she moved to the 1 year old room. After seeing the kids with sippy cups she gradually let it go.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i dunno i guess im a little harder with my LOs lol i basically started by only giving bottle at night for about a week then i just threw them out all together...you baby is not crazy enough to starve herself or be thirsty for too long and will suck from a cup if she has too but neither of mine gave me any trouble about it!! they never even asked for one after it was gone. also i had long stopped warming up his formula around 10 months and giving it to him cold in abottle around 11 months he was completely off formula and drinking cows milk out of a hard spout cup
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son just recently weaned off the bottle (almost on his own really) and he just turned 1 saturday. He has been off the bottle for about 3 weeks now. I just started offering his favorite sippy cup more often than his bottle throughout the day. Gave him his formula in it, water, and juice. When I saw that he was drinking over a half a cup at a time during a meal I switched immediately that night from offering the bottle to just the cup. I tried the cup that same night and since then he hasn't drank out of the bottle. Guess I got a lil lucky cuz he doesn't mind at all that he doesn't get a bottle.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2010