All my not-so-super, internet addict, not ashamed of being a lil lazy!!!

please tell me im not the only one who does not think that tv will rot my kids brain, that does not prep all meals from scratch each day, that is a little bored some days at home. am i the only one who lets my little one run and play all day so i can maintain some sanity and relax with a little internet or tv, or puts the kids in their rooms to play so the DH and i can cuddle up, or forgets to be perfect like so many on here want me to be!! Am i the only one who would probably be told that i am lazy because i wait to clean 30 minutes before my hubby gets off work! are your kids happy and healthy despite unorthodox parenting practices!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• TV does not rot your brain. My son watches PBS and there are very educational shows on there. Shows about counting, letters, words, science, and all sorts of fun facts for him to learn. What about the Discovary Channel, Animal Planet, Food Network, HGTV, The History Channel, PBS, National Geographic .. and all of the other educational and How-To shows? Those are all shows that expand your mind by learning different ideas, hobbies, opinions, and just general knowledge. If your kid were to sit in front of the TV 24/7 and do nothing else at all, then yes it will slow his development. However, I doubt any parents (or I hope not anyhow) would go to that extreme.

Our TV is always on, but he doesn't sit and watch show after show. We play together, he plays with his toys, etc. I use the computer while he's playing or I do housework. It's important for children to learn independence by playing alone, and my son would rather do so.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Aww I used to clean 30 minutes before my husband got home back in the day! Good times!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• amen sister!
    Anonymous

• I prep most of my meals from scratch, dislike TV for the sake of my kid's mouths hanging open and their glazed look in their eyes but I'm not above putting it on for them a few hours a day, like to keep a clean house because dirt and clutter annoy me to death, wish my kids would run and play more on their own instead of wanting me all the time kind of person. lol

And no that 's not lazy it's efficiency and speed cleaning :)
    blogginmomma

Answer by blogginmomma at 9:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• you just described my life I had to make myself a chore chart and put it one the fridge cause hubby is griping that the house needs to be cleaner I'd rather spend the time doing things with my kids than cleaning the house my computer is in the loft/playroom so I can still get my internet fix for the day while the kids play and I can still keep an eye on them this way I alos let the kids watch tv they learn stuff from the shows that they watch like abc's counting, colors
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Nope -- that's me - and ditto for wanting the kids to play a little more independently of me...Besides, I've tried to keep my house up behind my two year old -- ha! It just drives you crazy...so just quick cleaning before DH gets home...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 9:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• We all have those days. Sometimes those days run into each other and sometimes they are few and far between but we all have them! TV depending on what they watch is not bad... I have "Movie Mondays" in my house where my kids watch a movie or 2 so I can do a good house cleaning. Independence is a good thing...children need to learn to entertain themselves. But I have alot of days when the TV never gets turned on because we are busy doing things....
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• here i am sister!

yeah...i was accused of not feeding one of my children because apparently at 11 he cant tell me what he wants. so when i make mac and cheese for my other kids...im suppose to shove it down his throat? well anyway, my point is that the older ones will feed themselves, so they will. the laundry will remain in the washer or dryer untill i decide to get to it. sometimes ill make store bought pizza's or a homemade piiza.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• There is nothing wrong with it whatsoever. You said you don't do it everyday and that is the important thing here. "Perfect" women/moms/wives cannot be "perfect" all the time.......we are all human.
    You sound like a normal mom to me and I'm quite sure your children do not feel neglected nor have rotting brains from occasions in their rooms or from watching tv....lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Your not the only one! I am with you sometimes too. Go figure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2010