teething-12 month old

My son is 12 months old and is cutting his what I think is called 1st mollar teeth...the ones right after the so called "vampire teeth"....does this teething process take a really long time? He has been non-stop cranky for 3 days. And when I say cranky, NOTHING makes him happy..not even his favorite grandma and grandpa which he usually absolutely adores! I am using the teething tablets and for right now tylenol b/c I can't afford any motrin right now. Anything else to maybe help him?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try a frozen teething ring or facecloth
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Teethers...pretty much anything he can put in his mouth and chew on to get some counter-pressure on the gums. And yes, molars can take a while. There's more surface area to cut through the gum, so the process tends to take longer.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Hylands teething tabs
    Frozen damp washcloths
    Lots of extra nursing (it is as much for comfort as nutrition)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2010