at what time do you do "lights out" for bedtime with your newborn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With my second daugher I turned out the lights and both of us went to sleep (Dad, too, usually) as close to 9pm as possible. I think this was good. With my first, who was colicky, it was more like 11pm or even 12, but all that's a blur. 9pm worked well -- she soon started having a good long stretch at the beginning. I had friends who swore by making it later so that once baby achieved a 6-hour stretch it was from 11-5 or 12-6 -- something that somewhat resembled a night's sleep. For me, going to bed earlier helped us both get more hours in the dark, which I think makes you better rested overall.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• with a newborn it's more like they awake every 3hrs for a feeding and a change then they go back to sleep, and this lasts until they are about 5mos old
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• by 9pm
    mandie_jean

Answer by mandie_jean at 9:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• With my son when he was a newborn...he didn't go to bed til like 11 up until 4 months. Then was 9pm til 9months and then 7:30-8:30 or so from 9 months til now (a year) He kinda set his own schedule really. I did my best to make one for him, but he had his mind made up when he was ready for bed. (he is kinda stubborn lol)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My newborn it was around midnight. Starting around 3 weeks that is when her longest stretch of sleep happened, about 6 hours. Now at 4 months she is usually asleep by 11 and sleeps until 8. We have had a few nights lately though when she is done at 9pm but she then wakes up at 4am to eat.
    Anonymous

• When I had my baby the pediatrician told me to but the baby down at a certion time So I but her down at 9:00 p.m. every night with her baby lullaby and heartbeat sound and she start to go to sleep like that everynight now she 5 month old
    bootybabygirl82

Answer by bootybabygirl82 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• 10:30
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:02 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• You can't schedule a newborn

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2010