What age should a baby be weaned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think there is a certain age. I think it is all up to the baby and the mom. Every baby is different in that aspect.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• i think around 12 months is good they tend to like cups!!!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• From the bottle, a year is usually what's aimed for, but lots of people go over that.

From the breast, there's no specific age. Breastfeeding for at least a year is recommended, but it never loses its positive benefits. But you can wean whenever you (and/or baby) feel comfortable doing so.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I agree with fallnangel93 it all depends on te baby abd the mom. I have just started my baby on baby food and I am still bf. I plan to until she is 1 yr. But it also depends on how much I produce and if its enough
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• The AAP recommends breastfeeding up to 2 years.
    I feel 18 months is sufficient.
    Anonymous

• From nursing? I don't believe they should be weaned. I believe they should wean themselves. Basically, when mom and baby decide its time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• From the breast? Whenever it's mutually desirable between baby and mom. My daughter nursed until just after her second birthday.

From the bottle? Around a year. Artificial nipples can damage the palate and teeth.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 11:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• There is not a magical age. The World Health Organization, operating without the influences of the dairy, formula and porn industries (unlike American doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months

Answer by rkoloms at 8:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• when both mother and baby are ready..so i dont feel there is a certain age. I believe in child led weaning
    MummyOf2ooo

Answer by MummyOf2ooo at 2:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Has NOTHING to do with the calendar. When baby is ready. That's it.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2010