HELP me with dinner please LOL

Ok running low on food but we dont have much money. I know i am starving and so will hubby when he gets home from work. Soo is there a healthy dish i can make fast? I need to go to the market right now still. I was thinking cesar salad but i dont know what else. i really dont want to eat any more meats or chicken.. had too much this past week.

What else can i make with the salad? Or a Antipasto salad? HELP lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• spaghetti is always cheap n easy
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• secondyme520- No offense or want to be rude but i said HEALTHY. Pasta is never healthy
    Anonymous

• not true pasta can be healthy..i have recently discovered wheat pasta and they even have gluten free...i buy it in bulk and allways have it around the house...if not pasta maybe some sort of soup..my girls love creamy brocoli or any kind of tomatoe soup
    angie582

Answer by angie582 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Pasta is healthy actually. Spaghetti is a great, inexpensive dish to go with any type of salad. Standard pasta is fine in moderation and I buy whole wheat pasta. We like the taste and consistency better anyways.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• wow i feel bad for your family. health food freak.
    Anonymous

• Well,if you don't like our ideas ,don't ask,my dh, been ate dinner,belched,and now sleep. Honey,tomorrow go shopping early,and prepare your meals on time. Also,a real nice salad can be eaten by itself,if you want to stay really healthy, I would have the salad,and veggies,and diet pudding or sorbet for dessert. Enjoy your dinner.
    Anonymous

• Soo you want advice on what to cook or on what not to eat that is fattening for someone that has no money sure is being picky about what we've suggested...hmmm?

Maybe you should ask this question again by rephrasing it and say what you really mean.
    Anonymous

• Pasta can be healthy. Anything in moderation is good for you unless it's laced with preservatives, artificials, etc.
    Search Foodnetwork.com, Kraftfoods.com, Cooks.com for recipes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Lentils cook fast and you can do so much with them! Here are a couple of my favorite lentil recipes:

LENTIL TACOS
    Ingredients
    1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
    8 ounce can tomato sauce (or home made)
    corn tortillas (for fun, use a mix of white, yellow and blue)
    1 packet dry taco seasoning mix (or make your own with the recipe below)
    handful of textured soy protein, optional (I leave this out)
    lettuce (shredded)
    cucumber (seeded, peeled, sliced)
    tomatoes (chopped)
    lemon or lime wedges (optional)

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Cover the lentils with water in a large saucepan. They expand tremendously so use a large pot. Add tomato sauce, textured soy protein, and taco seasoning. Bring to high heat until boiling. Simmer at low heat until the mixture thickens. Add more water if necessary
    and stir often so that the bottom does not burn. This process will take about an hour. You want to cook it until it's about the consistency of cooked oatmeal. Taste the mixture and add more seasonings if necessary. Add more textured soy protein if you want more texture and continue to heat until the textured soy protein is fully hydrated. In the meantime, heat the corn tortillas in the oven, directly on the oven rack for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
    Assemble the tacos as desired. Squeeze the lemon wedges over the tacos... yum!!
    This recipes makes a large quantity and is very flexible with the garnishes. Experiment by adding chopped avocado, cilantro, onion, et

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2010