What is pro-choice?

I always considered myself pro choice. I strongly believe woman should choose what they do with their bodies. Do I believe in abortion? Not really. But I believe that you should have the choice. I have had friends who have a had abortions and I didn't stop talking to them nor did I tell them I thought what they did was wrong and supported them 100%. . But many say I am not pro-choice because I wouldn't abort a baby of mine. So my question is what is pro-choice than? If I believe a woman should have the right to choose but because I don't choose that myself am I not pro-choice? ((not looking to start a debate just really kinda peeved I'm being told I am not right on what I call myself kinda just need to see if I am right or wrong?))

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say you are pro-choice if you are okay with someone else getting an abortion. I hate it when people say women have a right to choose what they do their bodies. What about a human life's right to live?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• pro choice is just that! you believe in someone have the opportunity to decide for themselves....i am also pro choice i am not going to tell you that you CAN NOT get an abortion...i may say that i prefer you didnt but that is just my opinion and my choice not to do it! being pro life means that you are anti abortion in all forms...i think that some people shouldnt give birth but i also think that it is sad at the same time!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I thought that pro choice was that you believe a woman has the rite to choose if she wants an abortion or not but I could be wrong I'm pro life so I'm not for sure on this
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 9:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I agree completely with secondtyme. The people saying you are not pro choice are wrong... You have the choice and are not aborting your baby...that is a choice. Just like if some one decides to have an abortion, that is a choice.
    Personally I am pro mind your own damn business. I think that is what you should start telling people when they try to label you as something you are not!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• hmmm. i think is a woman having the right to choose what to do w/ their body..not the gov...im all for that but i would never get an abortion or support a friend who did. a child has the right to live..so im for CHOOSING to not ABORT..lol if that makes sence : p
    angie582

Answer by angie582 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• As I said I don't believe abortion is right it makes me sad and kinda sick but its their choice they have to live with. I feel like that taking that right away from woman is taking what woman worked for centuries to help woman's freedom and rights and tossing it down the drain.
    Anonymous

• Pro-Choice us is just that. Being for the option of a woman having the choice. That's it, it's NOT pro-abortion! It doesn't mean that you hate kids or think life isn't worth living. It means that you are able to distinguish between choice and force. And believe that it's wrong to force a person in to having their bodies used for incubation against their will... I am pro-choice and rather anti-abortion. I am pro-sex ed and firmly believe that if we had a better sex ed system we would have many many less abortions. But I also understand that there are situations both medical and non medical where an abortion is the healthiest thing for everyone involved and for that reason should be legal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Best answer for SabrinaMBowen!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 9:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Sabrina M Bowen...you either think it's okay to murder an innocent life or you don't. It's that cut and dry. Those of you who say a woman has the right to choose whether or not her body is used for incubation is wrong. If she lays in that bed and has unportected sex she knows its a possibility that her belly is going to be used as an incubator.
    Anonymous

• annon^^
    you soooo did not read her post...or didnt understand it..lol
    Anonymous