Please help Im in the worst pain of my life.

I have psoriasis, and I have ad it since I was 3. I would get a breakout every yr around Sept. or Oct. it would just be one sore but nothing major. But this yr it is like no other. It all over my stomach. Pink sores flaking. I was wearing a shirt the other day and took it off, it looked like I had rolled around in the snow! I have tried lotion, which worked at first but is now starting to burn extremely bad. The psoriasis have spread from my scalp to my forehead and and the way down to my ankles not missing a spot. I would go to the doctor but I have no insurance and my husband is currently out of work and I'm a full time student. And advice will be greatly appreciated. I'm in so much pain right now. =(

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am so sorry you are in this much pain. The only thing I can recommend is using Cetaphil soap and lotion. It is very mild and works well. Try taking advil for inflamation and pain. Good luck...I hope it gets better.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 9:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I'm not sure about your school - but a lot of colleges have their own clinics for their students - and often some amount of coverage is wrapped up in your tuition.

Just something you might want to look into.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, I really know nothing about psoriasis. The only thing I can think of is either a baking soda paste or maybe an outmeal paste?
    Anonymous

• All I can think of is maybe aloe vera - I don't know much about psoriasis...I also read about using therapeutic bath salts...
    Anonymous

• Aloe Vera will help a little. Pure aloe from the plant is your best bet. A good friend of mine had psoriasis really bad and his Grandma use to make him drink a tea with fresh aloe in it and he said it was the best treatment out there. Now, I don't know if I would do that but there are commercial aloe juices that are truly safe to consume. Good luck mama
    Marsella

Answer by Marsella at 10:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• do you still only get it this time of year? it could be a reaction to the cold. have you cut out dairy and or gluten?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I am lactose so no dairy products and no I was diagnosed wit it
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 21, 2010