whistling

Can anybody's infant whistle? My daughter is so silly. You whistle at her and she will whistle back. She makes the mouth into a whistle mouth like yours and whistles back at you when you do it. So cute!

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son can't whistle back but absolutely loves to hear us whistle. He can blow the mouth piece of a recorder though and gets a kick out of that all the time! Thats so cute that your daughter can whistle though :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• OH I bet the giggles when he blows the recorder are fantastic! Nothing is better than the sounds of a happy baby!!! I am just jealous of her. I was 25 when I learned to whistle and that was with my husband spending a lot of time teaching me, at 10 months she has it down pat!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• aww lol! Yea I didn't learn to whistle til I was like 12 lol and yes my will blow on the recorder and then say yay!! and clap :) He just turned a year old on saturday :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Well happy birthday to your little musician!!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• lol thank you! And that he is...b/c he loves EVERYTHING musical...especially drums and guitar..but he gets that from his daddy who is a musician :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Ahh...My poor daughter has no hope in the music world. No one in either family has any musical talent. I can clap to a beat but that is about it. My daughter has little fish shakers and a turtle tamborine and she loves to play with those...maybe just maybe she has hope to have a little music talent in her!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my five YO just screams a high pitch and says that it's a whilstle, it scares me half the time, it doesnt sound like a whislte at all!
    youlookin4me

Answer by youlookin4me at 11:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2010