Have you had a positive NDE as a non-Christian?

someone posted a question saying her dad new and atheist who died and went straight to hell. When the doctor revived him, he converted to Christianity. I just wondered if anyone out there has ever died and had a peaceful or heavenly experience, but you are not a Christian nor do you believe in Christianity.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• One of my friends had a near death experience as a child- she drowned and was revived. She had the 'typical' NDE with a tunnel and a light, a sense of reunion with something larger than herself, and being greeted by deceased relatives... and no, she is not Christian. She is a Sunni Muslim.

Having worked as a gerontological social worker, I have had several clients who 'died' and were revived. Some of them described near death experiences similar to this, some did not have any memory of that time at all. I never saw any correlation between the person's religious beliefs and the experience (or lack thereof) that they had.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:29 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Actually yes. I know a man that had a NDE and was brought back. He told us how wonderful and beautiful the other side is. He said it was like being at total peace. His wife was there and so were his daughters (all of which he lost years before. ) They greeted him with love and open arms. He was totally pissed off when the doctors brought him back.

He is a local Druid Priest - very non-Christian!
    Anonymous

• I posted that.

My Grandfather had an NDE too. It changed him to be a more devout Catholic. I don't remember what he saw. I will have to ask my Dad since my Grandfather passed away last year.
    Anonymous

• Yes I have. For my NDE, I was walking in a beautiful green meadow with who I now know is my spirit guide. At the time I had no idea who he was. But we alked about what i had learned here and what I wanted or needed to know before I came back. It was nice, peaceful and very reaffirming. And I am a Pgan.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Anonymous

• liar
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• i havent had a NDE personally but a few friends of mine have (non-christian) none of them remember anything happening before they were revived.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Yes, I did.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:43 PM on Jan. 8, 2010

• Yes, a very bad case of pancreatitus and DKA about five years ago. Buddhist.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 9:47 AM on Jan. 9, 2010