I'm 5 weeks pregnant and i was wondering how many weeks I have to wait to hear my baby's hearth beat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• depends on if they let you heart it on the u/s i heard mine at 6 weeks 1 day and again at 10 weeks 2 day at the drs
    Anonymous

• around 15 or 16weeks. congrats! its the most beautiful sound you'll ever hear.
    Anonymous

• oops, meant 5 or 6wks
    Anonymous

• if u have a ultrasound coming up u can but the handheld doppler thingy doesnt work til ur 3 or 4 months
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I saw the heartbeat at 9 weeks. The doctor tried the dopler at 12 weeks and we only got a fraction of a second of it. At 16 weeks, we heard it really well!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I've been able to SEE the heartbeat by about six weeks on ultrasound. But my midwives have never been able to pick up my babies heartbeats until around 12 or 13 weeks. Just the way they sit in my pelvis, they stay under the pubic bone as long as possible and Doppler can't pick up the beat until they start to move up.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I had an ultra sound at 5 weeks 2 days and it was still to early
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I actually heard my baby's heartbeat at 5 weeks and a few days. But, apparantly it's different with everyone. My Dr made sure to tell me that if we didn't hear anything that first time, that didn't mean the baby wasn't in there. Sometimes they can't hear anything until 6 weeks and beyond. Hope you hear yours!
    JaxsonsMommy23

Answer by JaxsonsMommy23 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Thank you so much for all the answers.
    zafrina

Answer by zafrina at 12:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2010