STD?

How many of us are actually living with an STD? If so what is it and how long have you had it? Do you know how you got it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Health

• I'm being treated for chlamydia. I didn't know I had it. I found out, obviously, by being tested. I've had it since June, I'm guessing. I've been on meds since September. It hasn't gone away, but it doesn't always go away with the first or even second treatment. I go back to the Dr. next week to check again, and hopefully it's gone. Yes I know how I got it. Me and my SO broke up in May till mid June, and he slept with someone else. I didn't know about it till I found out about the STD and confronted him. I guess it was my fault for not asking if he slept with anyone while we were broken up. He never lied about it so I only blame me. Oh well...
    Anonymous

• Web Md has a lot of these type of answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I've had herpes for 6 years. I knew my partner had it and we were being careful, but I didn't do my own research and learn about it on my own. I now know how to not spread it because I got smarter after I got it. That relationship didn't last. I'm married now and my DH does not have it. I rarely get out breaks. Maybe once ever 18 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I dont (both hubby and I were virgins) but my dad had genital warts. He got it from his girlfriend something like 10 years ago. He was a bouncer at a club and slept with 40+ women after that. He didnt even know the true number (just that it is over 40) because he was drunk half the time. He doesnt remember ANY of their names.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I had HPV 16 3 years back. It went away, but I am concerned because there is no way to test a guy unless it is warts.This is not my case, if hubby has it, I can get it again. I fear that I will get cancer. There is little reseasch on the virus, so it is difficult to know everything. It does not always show on a PAP. I had to specifically ask for an HPV test. The doc told me to get the test every 3 years. It time. I got it from havign multiple partners. There are no symptoms for HPV, but my body just knew.
    Anonymous