When can i potty train my daughter? She is 19 months now

annie868

Asked by annie868 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you can start introducing her to the potty now so she can get familiar with it
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• u can start anytime but i am waitin a lil longer for mine he is 19 mos also but he is not showing me the signs that make me feel he is ready. his sister on the other hand was pullin on her diaper when she peed and showing signs when about to poop and was able to tell me she had to pee. he does none of that, i cant even tell he has used to bathroom until much later he still hasnt caught on to the feeling of being wet or dirty
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• you can start now, but if she isn't ready you will likely only frustrate both of you. I'm in no way an expert on this, however, so that is the best I can tell you.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 10:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• like the 1st poster said

mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 11:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• my daughter is almost 1 and she's starting to potty train after she gets a potty for her birthday
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:13 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I started putting my daughter on the potty around 16 months, just before baths when the water was running. The water would help her pee. Then I would do it after a nap too... then in the morning when she woke up. She eventually started to tell me "pee pee" and would lead me to the potty. Over Christmas, (she's now 20 months) I put her in underpants - no pull-ups - and we set the timer for 30 minutes. When it went off, we went to the potty. If she didnt' go, we'd add another 5 minutes to the timer until she went and then we'd set it all over again. The first day we had 4 accidents, second day 3, and no problems since. If she's giving you rediness signs, I'd say go for it! Especially if you plan on having more kids - then you won't have 2 in diapers at the same time!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 2:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2010