how far along were you when you had your bag ready for the hospital?

right now i am 34 weeks and i dont have one made up yet. but i was getting some water last night at like 2:30 in the morning and had a BH so i was thinking what if my baby comes in the morning, i have three other kids that will need to be taken to there GP (which is on the way) but i dont want to be running around trying to get stuff ready. i'm not in a rush to get one packed i am 1 cm but thats normal. so as i said i was just wondering when yall ladies had your hospital bag ready?

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 10:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am 39wks and I got my bag packed last week, but I haven't had any BH or any signs, so I just kind of did it when I did it:)
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• haha I was such a slacker :) mine was packed walking out the door! baby's stuff was packed (and repacked about a dozen times) about a month before LOL
    Anonymous

• Yeah I think you should def get your bag ready, along with whatever your kid's have to take to his GP's and whatever your husband wants to bring... make sure to bring the camera!!!:) My son was 1 week early and I had nothing ready AND I had to drive a half hour to the hospital....I really wish that i would of been prepared before that, because it just made everything a little bit more stressful on me and my husband. Always better to pack early than too late :)
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 10:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My son, I packed a bag somewhere between 40 and 41 weeks. He was born at 41.3 weeks. My daughter, I never did pack a bag. By the time I thought about it, I'd been in hard labor for 10 hours and could barely stand, much less go into the closet and pack stuff. She was born at 41.5 week, semi accidentally at home. My husband had to bring me and the baby clothes after we'd been taken to the hospital. I know it's not what you're asking but my daughter's birth was actually the better of the two. :-) Good luck!
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• girl i had my bad packed around 7mo and  and packing and unpacking adding new stuff and taking stuff out. better be safe than sorry

mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 10:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I was 38 weeks and 3 days. My husband packed as I showered after my water broke and then we left for the hospital. LOL! It was something I kept meaning to do...
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• 39 weeks & 5 days... I started packing an hour or so after my water broke.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 12:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I did not have a bag packed and went into labor when I was 36 weeks unexpected lol that was with my first now I am pregnant again and 30 weeks ,I was thinking about packing a bag this week sometime
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• mines been packed since 6 months only because im a forgetful person ill forgret like socks or a shirt or sumthn an plus least thats 1 bag done the babies because i have my 2 year old an my 5 year old to pack for they go to grandmas when im in the hospital ill probly due my bag 2 weeks before i have my c section im 33 weeks an already experiencing braxton hicks every day!! so not sure if this boy is ready or coming late because my daughter was delivered at 39 weeks an 6 my son was almost 2 weeks complicated birth ended up a e c section do to getting stuck at 8 cm sucked!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2010