Faint line on pregnancy test?

I know your suppose to take a pregnancy test in the moring with the first pee but I couldn't wait anymore. It came out with a faint positive line. Im going to take another one in the morning to see if more hcg helps. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone and thought they were pregnant and took another one the next day and got a negative.

lilmamab07

Asked by lilmamab07 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've always heard that there is no such thing as a false positive (except in the case that it doesn't implant but then that's still a pregnancy anyways) so as long as you are reading it according to directions and not letting it sit so long that it gets the evaporation line, I'd say you're pregnant.
    Anonymous

• This happened to my with both of my daughters. I could never wait until the morning so I took them whenever I wanted. A faint line is still a line. Congrats!!!
    vowens82

Answer by vowens82 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Thank you! Oh i forgot to add the line did show up right after i took the test i knew that if you waited too long it could cause a evaporated line.
    lilmamab07

Answer by lilmamab07 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• cpngrats mommy
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• YEP my line was barely visible and I am now 13 weeks so congrats, and like the 1 poster said HPTs don't give false positives.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Congratulations! A line is a line whether light or dark.
    Jenni22805

Answer by Jenni22805 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• congrats
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Both of my were really faint but they were still there and right both times! congrats! :)
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• You're pregnant! That happened to me and now I am 8 months prego with my baby boy! Like the first answerer said - there is no such thing as a false positive! Even a faint line - especially if it shows up fast - is a line! Congrats!
    JaxsonsMommy23

Answer by JaxsonsMommy23 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• If you saw the faint line WITHIN the time frame given on the package then it is NOT a false positive. If you went back later and saw the line then it COULD be evaporation lines.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 12:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2010