how can i get my 2years old and 6 years old to stay in there bed.?

she's in a toddler bed and so she can get in and out when she wants. i will put her back in her bed but she always comes to my bed. i dont know what to do my hubby cant even sleep with me bc i have her and our son in the bed. now my son has his room but he dont want to sleep in it,ill let them go to bed in my bed then put them in theres but it dont work. can some one hlep me?

jeonit24

Asked by jeonit24 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• Try making bed time fun by doing a routine, Like bath, story, bed. If the child get up and go to your bed say its bed time and put them back in there bed explain the first time that this bed is for daddy and I and you have your own bed. Then the 2,3 and so on keep putting them in bed until the fall a sleep keep this up and hopefully they will go the sleep in there bed alone. They might fell now that it is o.k. to sleep in mommy bed and you have to be form and tell them no or they might be in bed with you up tell they feel unconferable to sleep with you.
    bootybabygirl82

Answer by bootybabygirl82 at 11:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• We used baby gates at their doors. We wouldn't let them come into our bed. They had no choice but to stay in their rooms. For the most part our kids just stayed in their beds to begin with.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I saw on that show the super nanny ( and if your laughing, these little girls on the show were absolutly difficult w/the bedtime thing) Jo Jo the nanny has the stay in bed technique you put them to bed and say "it's time for bed darling" and then walk away with nothing else said, if they get out time #2 you put them back to bed and say "it's time for bed" and walk away and if it continues you no matter how many times it takes keep putting them back in their bed but without saying a word, continue this and it worked!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• You sound like me. I have a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old and those are the ages where they try to push their boundries. The 6 yr old I just let him know if he doesn't stay in bed, we are taking privelages and games away. The 2 yr old I have to try and talk at his level of understanding and let him know mommy said time for bed. I usually have to be with him for him to go to sleep. I also have to make sure he doesn't have a late nap. I make sure he gets plenty of playtime at night so he is exhausted and ready for bed.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Putting to bed using the supernanny technique that someone mentioned above does work. My youngest used to put when it came to bedtime, finally we tried this and it worked.

Good luck.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 9:43 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Don't let them in your bed. Give them 3 chances to stay in bed. After the 3rd time, swat their butt. tell them each time you get up you'll get another spanking, unless it is to use the potty of course.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• We used baby gates AND the door knob protector - it spins around unless you grip both the rubber stoppers, preventing most small children from getting into or out of a room. You could also try a door alarm. It goes off and makes a loud noise if the door is opened when it is on - this might deter them from opening the door, but it also might deter them from opening ANY door. :)
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 2:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2010