What can I do to help my weight with Pcos?

I have PCOS and trying to loose weight I weigh 200 pound and trying to get to 130 pound. Can anyone help me?

bootybabygirl82

Asked by bootybabygirl82 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Go gluten free. I did. It can help regulate your hormones too.

daniellecooks.wordpress.com

That's what I eat as a gluten free person.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 8:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• ecodani: Where do you get gluten free soy sauce?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Gluten free soy sauce is sold at most health food stores. Their are also web stores where people who live out in the boonies can order from. My mom gets a lot of her gluten free things from Amazon.com
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2010

• im not promoting medication or offering medical advice, but i have PCOS and went to a endocrinologist. he explained that ppl with PCOS store fat around their middle due to glucose storage. He prescribed Metformin and it has helped me lose some weight. You may want to see a specialist
    Anonymous