What would you say to a family member you haven't talked to?

What do you say to family and friends when you haven't talked to them in along time...I mean why don't you just keep in touch with them. Like for me I am too busy with my life now ever since I have became a wife and mom I am not able to have time for no one else. Sometimes I just hear from family through my parents and get updates and that is just fine with me. But when you are actually talking to someone what do you say...Just say I have been so busy that is why I haven't called...that sounds too harsh to me.
How would you handle it?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Why do you have to say anything? You aren't the only person who is busy in life and quite frankly most people don't sit around getting upset about things like this. If you insist on addressing it just say "You know I can't believe how busy life is being a mom, you know what I mean?" and carry on from there.
    It's normal and not something you need to go around apologizing for !
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Well, if you look at it that way, why haven't they called you? Don't feel bad. I have a large extended family that I hear about through my grandparents and parents and only see the,at family reunions. We all know we know the big details (from family) and we all usually go about as if there wasn't much time since the last time we saw each other. It's never been a big deal. We all understand that we have lives and it's too hard to try to keep in contact. That's what family reunions are for =)
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 11:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• I had something like that happen a few years ago. I saw a cousin I haven't seen in too many years to count. I have no issue with my cousin but his wife is a real b*&^%. I just smiled said hi, how you been its so great to see you again and gave my cousin a big hug, and also grabbed her hand shook it and told her how great it is too see her to and she looks well. My cousin had the biggest grin on his face watching his wife screw up her face and looking pained by having to lower herself to even talk to me and heaven forbid shake my hand! LOL it was so much fun I made sure I gave her a big hug when I left! She is the only reason myself or the rest of my family do not speak to him. He could call us too if he choose too so I don't feel bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I have a family reunions every so many years. I send Christmas cards. That is it. Everyone is SO busy these days. It is OK.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2010