Why are Mom's so critical over one another?

I was at the store today and in the next lane was a 2 year old who was cranky. The Mom gave him a can to play with to keep him occupied for a few minutes. Maybe not the best of choices but who am I to judge. These 2 "older" woman in front of me kept talking about her so negative. Saying they were older when they had there kids so there kids were safer. The woman was in her early 20's and looked like she had a rough day. I thought it was horrible for them to label her a bad Mom because she let her kid entertain himself for a few minutes. What is going on with women these days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There is only one answer women are very very catty!!
    jsimonds220

Answer by jsimonds220 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• Seriously!! My dd doesn't keep her socks on and every time an old lady comes by she says some beeotchy comment about how "mom should know how cold your little feet are" or something just as critical to her, instead of saying anything to me. It bugs me so much, as long as the child is healthy and happy people have no right to say anything!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 11:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• HA! We give our son something to play with every time we go in a store. That doesn't mean he is getting it. I think it is ridicules how mom's are so judgmental, especially of other mom's.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• My daughter toyed around with the Olay moisturizer I was going to purchase while at CVS today. It kept her occupied and happy. I don't care what other people think. She's MY daughter and MY business.

We all need to be encouraging one another instead of nitpicking every little thing. No two moms do things exactly the same. Variety is the spice of life.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• dbodani-my daughter refuses to wear mittens while we're outside (I live in upstate NY, and tosay it was 26 degrees). Trust me-I get lots of stares! But I know when she's getting too cold and needs to come inside.
    Anonymous

• My 10 month old refuses a hat. My Mom is also bad about commenting on that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Jesus christ yes catty women!
    my son's nanna thinks she knows everything. makes me so angry. so many things i didn't do right. and she points out random bruises and scratches my son got from rough housing or falling like little rough&tough normal boys do like I am doing something wrong. then the random people too. at the store trying to keep a hold of an active 2 year old. i feel the eyes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Women are bitches to eachother. Constantly in some sort of imaginary "competition" with eachother for Mother of the Year. I have two words for people who don't like how I parent or dress my kids etc. FUCK OFF. And I have no problem saying it. Especially to little old ladies. Hey, they took the time out of their day to pay special attention to me...I have no problem returning the favor. Try to make me feel like an asshole? You're gonna get it right back. KWIM?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:26 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• I look young for my age (29). Anyway when I was 27 and very pregnant woman would always look at my belly then look at my ring finger. It used to piss me off. So my DH was pleased to see that I finally started wearing my wedding ring everywhere. Its not just woman though...people love to think the worst of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2010