Any Heathy tips?

Well my son is now 9 mths and I still have some of that baby fat left, especially on my stomach, arms, and legs. I am 5'7 and i weigh 145 lbs, which isn't bad but i would like to weigh at least 120. I am really really motivated to lose this weight, i go to the gym mostly 6 days outta the week for a hour a half, but i just am having a hard time finding heathy things to eat that i will enjoy eating. also the days i don't go to the gym anyone know of any good exercises I can do inside my home? Thanks:)

sexy_can_i

Asked by sexy_can_i at 11:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm 5'8 and close to 145...... 120 would be underweight.... you do not need to weigh that! I weighed that when I was anorexic. I got healthy and gained 20 lbs of healthy weight before I got pregnant. now I'm about the same size as you and I'm ok with myself for now. My dd is 9 mo too btw.... My goal is to lose 5 more lbs before I'm done breastfeeding.... and then my goal is to lose another 5 after I breastfeed. I think I look the best when I'm about 135. I used to work out at the gym shorty after I had my dd, but my schedule just couldn't find the time after a while... I stopped working out and still continued to lose about 15 more lbs. I put my gym membership on hold for until after I don't have a baby attached to my boob have the time...lol, but until then I'm gonna try to lose about 5 like I said just by eating healthier and smaller portions. Please don't try to be 120... that really doestn't sound healthy.....
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• for your size..... hey maybe since we are close in size and our babies are the same age we can be like e mail diet buddies??? I know sounds corney... but we can exchange tips and progress and it could be encouraging to one another.... send me a message if you're interested......
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• well thanks marchma for the advice but i've been 120 before my kids and i felt great than and looked great then. I'm not saying I'm overweight but i do have some extra flab i'd really like to lose. Anorexic isn't 120 lbs, it maybe underweight i dunno but i def know its not anorexic. Thanks though
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2010

• well you can be 150 and be anorexic if you are doing anything possible not to eat and think you're fat no matter if you 6'2 and others think u look like a runway model...... i only meant i was anorexic... anorexic is more a state of mind and malnurishment (and I personally was at my lowest 118 at 5'8) I wasn't accusing you of being. If you feel your best at 120 and that is your goal then great. I was just suggesting that you prolly don't have to set such a low goal or at least not at first. My healthy tip for you would be to set smaller goals at first. Like losing 10lbs in 3 months or something like that. It is also proven that losing weight slowly will keep it off longer... that is what I am reaching for.... but it is tough when crash diets give you more immediate results. also you have 4 kids? I peeked at your profile, srry, but wow mamma you are doing great for yourself! don't be so hard on yourself you look great
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 12:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• First, drink your water! At least 8 8oz glasses a day. Add a glass for every beverage you have with caffeine or alcohol
    Next, eat your fruits and veggies; 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Start replacing your white/simple grains (white rice, white pasta, white bread, you get the picture) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, quinoa, whole grain bread, etc.).
    Now cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Eat at least two servings of legumes a day: beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Eating healthy, combined with the great exercise that you are doing, will have you at a healthy weight in no time

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2010

• Im 5'7 too and am aiming for 125...(only a few pounds to go)Sparkpeople is a good place to start.I have lost 140 plus pounds using that site.Logging fitness and meals.I suggest eating small mini meals throughout the day.Thats what I do.I eat whole grains,fruits and veggies,drink water,lean meats like tuna,fish,chicken etc.I also have my daily bowl of oatmeal after my runs.Good luck.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2010